UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor valex
Visitor

Programming FPGA error on SDK 13.4

Hi all,

I have a problem trying to program my FPGA with the SDK. After having imported the hardware and implemented a simple code (writing on the uart), I click on the "program FPGA" button and a window appears to select the bootloop (nothing strange until there). I properly select the right path but then an error message appears saying :

< Program FPGA failed

Reason:

FPGA configuration encountered errors.

Program FPGA failed

Data2MEM failed >

The console ouput :

<FPGA Programming Failed due to errors while initializing bitstream>

I have tried to move the bootloop file in my project directory, it has worked 2 or 3 times without doing any change in the FPGA configuration and until i simulate the code in debug mode.

I hope someone could help, I have searched in the SDK configuration and in my FPGA configuration but i haven't seen where does that problem come from.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor valex
Visitor

Re: Programming FPGA error on SDK 13.4

Just few more precisions:

- I work on a VIRTEX-5 ML507

- The console also prints:

ERROR:Data2MEM:1 - File '\projet\SW\...\\system.bit' can not be found, or is busy.
Please ensure that the file is available in the correct
directory location, or isn't being locked by another
application.

I have checked that the system.bit is well in the directory and doesn't seem to be used by another application..

0 Kudos
Visitor valex
Visitor

Re: Programming FPGA error on SDK 13.4

SOLVED

I had to uninstall and re-install Xilinx ISE design.

0 Kudos