UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

ReCompile and ReBuild BSP with SDK

Visitor bv
Visitor

ReCompile and ReBuild BSP with SDK

When I make a change to C file in the app SDK recompiles and rebuilds the app with no problem.  However when I make a change to a BSP C file SDK doesn't recompile or rebuild the BSP.  How do I get a BSP change to take affect?  Running ISE 13.2. 

Re: ReCompile and ReBuild BSP with SDK

Hi,

Please try the following:-

1. Go to SDK GUI -> Project -> Clean -> Select Clean projects selected below -> Select the BSP.

2. Click Project -> Build All.

Try this and let us know if this works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visitor bv
Visitor

Tried Cleaning and Rebuilding All twice and unfortunately each time it deleted my changes and went back to the original source. 

I'm trying to put some print statements in init.c file of the lwIP xapp1026 demo in the raw_bsp/microblaze_0/libsrc/lwip130_v3_01_a/src/lwip-1.3.0/src/core directory.  Don't suppose it matters but I'm only using raw mode, haven't tried sockets yet.

Visitor bv
Visitor

Changing the Project Explorer copy of  main.c works fine but changing BSP init.c doesn't.  But if I change init.c in the directory where it was imported from and then do a Clean it works.  Don't really want to change the original source, just the working copy in the Project Explorer.  Shouldn't I be able to do this?

Hi,

Have you tried to set the Xilinx Tools -> Repositories to the location where the modification was made?

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Visitor bv
Visitor

Changed the Local Repositories Preferences to include the RAW BSP folder and when I make a change to init.c it says Nothing to Do so I click Clean then it reverts back to the original source and removes my changes.  I tried adding the RAW BSP folderto teh bottom and left the original repository as the first, and also tried swapping priorities and put the RAW BSP folder on top., still no luck.  Also removed the original repository and just left the RAW BSP folder - still no luck. 

It's gotta be something simple, it's just the xapp1026 lwIP demo.  Can you try it, or can I can call someone ?  Would openning a Web Case help?

Hi,

Last thing to try. Set the repositories -> Close out SDK -> Launch SDK again. Check if the BSP is taken into account

If this does not help, file a webcase :)

Visitor bv
Visitor

Same thing.  Too much trouble for you to try this?  If so I'll file a Web Case and ref this thread.

Any solution? I have the same problem.

Observer

I'm also having the same problem.