Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghuram1a
Adventurer
Adventurer

Running a App on ZCU 104 board using xilinx SDK

Hi,

I am launching the xilinx  SDK in Ubuntu-16.04.03  and after opening new application project I selected linux as OS platform and processor psu_cortexa53_0 and application type C code compiler-64bit . but my doubt is option choose filesystem what should i have to give location , and also options  below when i select 

Linux system Root 

Linux toolchain 

i am not able to click on the optiopn finish but if i have not selected Linux system root and tool chain options Iam able to proceed further and build the project but when i right click on my project and c/c++ build settings > miscellaneous in Linker Flags box is showing EMPTY not able to get cross compiler flags there and also how to build application for linux and generate executable to run on ZCU104 board running with petalinux. Could any one help me how to solve above issues.

I also referred below link https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/70254659/Creating+Linux+application+targeting+the+RFDC+driver+in+SDK+2018.3, but my issues is not solved.  I amalso attaching the screenshots for reference. Please help me.

Thanks,

Raghuram

zcu-104-app.png
peta-linux2.png
0 Kudos
6 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @raghuram1a

You are not able to finish the process because your Toolchain and Sysroot paths are not correct, so the tool does not allow you to go further. Those fields are optional and only used if you need specific sysroot (i.e. for libraries compiled in Petalinux and not existing in the default SDK) and for specific toolchain (i.e. different settings than the one included in the default SDK).

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
raghuram1a
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Ibai,

Thanks for reply. But my requirement is to build a application from SDK for ZCU104 board running with petalinux to test PL from PS . Can You suggest me any application so that i can check the PL of ZCU104 baord. For example i want to write/read the B-RAM of PL from PS.

Thanks,

Raghuram

0 Kudos
raghuram1a
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Ibai,

Actually I want to build a application  which uses below functions, but these function references are not present in SDK by default . Could you tell me how to get these functions definitions and project hirearchy in to SDK in Linux. As you mentioned below sysroot path and tool chain path are not correct how to provide correct path  in SDK for building.

init_platform();

cleanup_platform();

Thanks,

Raghuram

0 Kudos
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @raghuram1a

Those functions you are mentioning are only available for standalone projects and are just an example functions provided as part of helloworld application template. On Linux you don't do any platform cleanup as you don't have low level access from userspace.

Again for sysroot and toolchain you don't need to specify nothing unless a specific reason. For sysroot you only need that if you are using a library build on Petalinux (not the case for your described application) and toolchain only if you want to use a non default toolchain (SDK already includes the toolchain for linux targets!)

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos

hi, have you solved your problem?

0 Kudos

I was wondering can vivado sdk use the toolchain in petalinux-build sdk?

0 Kudos