cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlakin

SDK 12.4

I'm new to using the SDK for embedded code development. So far - I like the editor and many of it's features are nice. While developing the embedded SW - I'm also constantly tweaking the EDK/logic design as well. So I'm constantly generating a new bit file. My question is - Is there a way to get the SDK and the HW Platform Spec, BSB and C Project to "recognize" the new .bit & .bmm files? SDK does recognize that a new .xml file has been generated but does not seem to pick up new .bit/.bmm files when they are generated? Often I tweak the Top Level logic but not the embedded Processor System and so there is not a new .xml file. I have been creating a new workspace, HW Platform Spec, BSB and C Project every time. I've got to think there is a better way. I've looked through the online help and so far haven't found anything...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Russ

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
vsiva
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

This used to be a bug that we fixed a while ago. I can't remember if the fix should be in 12.4 or 13.1.

In any case, you have a few workarounds:

1.. Everytime your hardware changes, right click on the SDK's h/w platform project and select 'change h/w specification'. The dialog that comes up should already point to your XML file. Simply press OK. This should copy over the necessary files.

2. Alternatively, in the program FPGA dialog, browse and select the .bit and .bmm from your XPS project folder. This dialog remembers your previous settings. So when you configure the FPGA, it will always pick up the latest version of the hardware. This works only in cases where your XML hasn't changed. SDK only requires the XML file, so there is no real need to update SDK projects when only your bitstream changes.