Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDK 2014.1 Power Cycle Problem

Hello,

I just noticed a strange problem when using SDK 2014.1 WebPack with a custom ZYNQ board. I run a DDR Test and it shows the outputs in the console and the program exits. However after I power-cycle the board and try again, nothing gets displayed on the console. I close and reopen SDK, still nothing. I looked here for SDK 2014.1 known issues however I can not find anything related to my problem:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_1/SDK_Doc/reference/sdk_knownissues.htm

Is this indeed a known issue or am I missing something? Because I never experienced such a problem with 14.7 and before. Could Xilinx people please clarify this?

Regards,

Berk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Perhaps I can elaborate on this a bit:

Before Power-Cycle                        After Power-Cycle

ISE + SDK 14.7                   Hello World                                      Hello World

Vivado + SDK 2014.1          Hello World                                   No Hello World

This happens every time. I use the same custom ZYNQ board in both of the runs. What can be the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Can someone please shed a little light on the issue? This is a problem I am facing since one week and I can not move on to work on my actual design.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I found out an ugly workaround for this issue. I generated the very same ps7 system in ISE 14.7 and choosed this ps7_init.tcl in SDK 2013.4 under run configurations. I am using a custom ZYNQ board.

Is there a possibility that the ps7_init.tcl is exported to the SDK with some faulty settings? I created the same ps system in Vivado and ISE 14.7. However the two ps7_init.tcl files have vast differences. Why is that?

0 Kudos