cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

SDK 2017.2 Are Vivado HLS arbitrary precision types supported in SDK C++ projets?

Hello,

I designed in HLS a core which process arrays of arbitrary precision types.

I connected this core to the ARM processor using as an example the XAPP1170.

I wrote a bare-metal C++ application (standalone OS) in SDK which generates arrays of arbitrary precision types and sends them to the HW core. The application compiles without any errors. BUT, when I try to debug my application, the arbitrary precision variables are not getting any values (e.g. program arguments) and std:cout does not seem to be working.

I hope that I'm doing something completely wrong and that there is no problem with the SW.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Panos

Without proper software tools the hardware is unusable no matter how good and well designed it is.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hi,

Same issues i am facing. Number of questions regarding Arbitrary Precision Types i have posted in XILINX Community Forums, but no response, Xilinx please clear our doubts.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@thaus_015 @pmousoul

As far as you know, is the issue resolved or still pending ? what's the status ?

Did you ever try to include the Arbitrary Precision Data Types Library in the SDK manually ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The issue is still pending. If you could solve its great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@nanson

I really don't know if there is still an issue.

I dropped this kind of development. I later found out that there were some problems with my code, but I never returned back to try to make it work.

Since the code compiles, it should be possible to make it work.

Cheers,

Panos

Without proper software tools the hardware is unusable no matter how good and well designed it is.
0 Kudos