cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDK 2018.2 alway crashing window disappears

After having problems with Vivado, i had installed everything new, and have tried the tool "boostSharedDirFixApp",

Vivado is running again.

But now i cannot work with the (also newly installed ) SDK anymore. Building a new project works, i can export to SDK, i can launch SDK and then when  í say Create Application Project and say ok the SDK window disappears. I can see in the Task Manager

that Eclipse is still there, but there is no window anymore.

Even when i start SDK direxct and change to the created workspace, it is the same !

What can i do, i cannot work with this software anymore ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi bader@gctnet.de,

Is this issue related only to this specific workspace? I mean, can you reproduce the issue creating a new workspace from SDK and creating application projects from there?

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I think problem is on all workspaces, i have tested it on two, an both are disappearing when changing the DHCP options.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi bader@gctnet.de

So the issue then seems not to be realted to specific workspaces (corrupted...). Which option are you referring when you say DHCP? The ones of LwIP library? Do you reproduce the issue in any other cirscumptance?

What about the SDK log file? Did you see something significant over there?

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

In the picture you can see the options. Changing one of these options and clicking "OK" leads directly to a crash. When i change one the options and click after that on "Overview" and then on "OK", there is no crash. But after successfull compiling,

when i want to start the software a message comes up telling me there is an error in the BSP (second picture) .

A new call to "make project" compiles successfull.  

I saw this behaviour before when adding or deleting a file from the project, but this goen for the moment.

The log file looks ok, no errors or warnings.

dhcp_options.jpg
error in workspace.jpg
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

The problem is still existing. Is there nobody which can help me ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Similar problem here in Windows 10.

`SDK.log` under project folder contains no error message.

`.metadata\.log` contains a bunch of `NullPointerReference` exceptions reported by `cdt.core`.

The walk-around I found is to disable "build automatically" option under "Project" menu as soon as you start SDK before creating any C project using wizard. At the moment of this post - the SDK has not crashed yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Same issue here, on Linux Ubuntu 16.04.

It just crashes ("poof!") with no errors.

Launching the SDK from the command line though, the following error log appears on the console :

java: /build/buildd/gtk2-engines-oxygen-1.4.5/src/animations/oxygencomboboxdata.cpp:87: void Oxygen::ComboBoxData::setButton(GtkWidget*): Assertion `!_button._widget' failed.

After a search on the Web and on the Xilinx forums, it turns out it is a known issue with GTK shipped with Ubuntu 16.04, not with the Xilinx SDK itself (by the way, it turns out that several releases of SDK are affected).

See here for a possible solution.

Another solution found on the web is to edit the file /usr/share/themes/oxygen-gtk/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and change

GtkComboBox::appears-as-list = 1

into

GtkComboBox::appears-as-list = 0

Both tested and working with SDK 2018.2 and Ubuntu 16.04.
I hope this helps.

0 Kudos