UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer mel1s@
Observer

SDK Beginner

Hi,

Can anyone suggest what is the best way to learn programming in SDK?

I found lots of done tutorials where the C code is usually imported to the projects.

Also, I have seen that SDK is providing some examples.

However, for instance, if I want to put GPIO block in block diagram, and then controll my leds from SDK, how can I know what should be done? (configuration, initialization etc..)

My main goal is to configure audio codec from scratch and do some audio processing within SDK.

Thanks,

Melisa

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Participant rsey
Participant

Re: SDK Beginner

Hello mel1s@,

Almost every IP that you add to your block design, has an example design.

When you make a project, in the BSP there is a file called "system.mss".

There you see a list of available peripherals to your project. Click on "Import Examples" and you will see an example for that IP. It can help you and you can extend them or combine them in your own design.

For further details, you can search of the PG (Product Guide) of that IP and read the manual.

for example (GP144): https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_gpio/v2_0/pg144-axi-gpio.pdf

P.S. next time you want to ask a question, be more specific in the subject of your question.

\Razi
-- Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution --
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer mel1s@
Observer

Hi @rsey,

I have seen examples, but the question is related to custom IPs which I have created in Vivado.

When I try to import drivers to SDK, I can not see them.

I did following:

Xilinx -> Repositories -> Add -> loaded IPs from ip-repo

Modify BSP's settings -> Drivers -> can not see them

And for those, there aren't examples.

Thanks,

Melisa

0 Kudos

Hi mel1s@,

If your custom Vivado IP does not have any driver (you need to develop it yourself), then SDK will not be able to import it to your workspace.

I think that a good starting point is just to take a look to existing Xilinx IP drivers within the SDK installation folder. This way you can learn more about the folder structure, configuration files...

Regards,
Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos