Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkartis2
Observer
Observer

SDK Console Output stopped

Jump to solution

I am using an Artix-7 board with the platform cable USB II. While using the console window in the Xilinx SDK 2014.2 to debug, I see my print statements stop at random times without my changing the code. For example, it will stop mid print. What could be the reason for this? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkartis2
Observer
Observer

Solved the problem, it was a power issue. There wasn't enough current being provided to the FPGA.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
In SDK Console, at the right corner of title bar, there's a button can be used to select GDB console or software app console.

Select the [Remote ARM Linux Application]/xxx/xxx.elf to show the application print data.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
balkris
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
In SDK Console, at the right corner of title bar, there's a button can be used to select GDB console or software app console.

Select the [Remote ARM Linux Application]/xxx/xxx.elf to show the application print data.
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
dkartis2
Observer
Observer

Thank you. The console window still displays for the selected .elf file, but the program terminates immediately after it starts running. I've used a different carrier board for this Artix 7 Module board before and the code works fine, so I know that's not the issue.

Running .elf files from the SDK using the Platform Cable USB II works just like using a regular USB cable right? Also, the HALT cable isn't connected, is that an issue?

0 Kudos
dkartis2
Observer
Observer

Solved the problem, it was a power issue. There wasn't enough current being provided to the FPGA.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos