Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdina12
Observer
Observer

SDK Generate a linker script problem

Hello,

I am new to the forum but have not been able to find a solution to my issue, I need to flash my device with my program that I created in SDK. I was able to build the hardware part, Microblaze with some peripherals, and able to debug my Arty board and the program works. I tried following the Xilinx tutorial on how to flash the board from SDK but cannot get past a certain point due to the generate linker script not opening up for my application.  I am able to view the .ld but dont know how to edit it.  Any guidence will help, I also tried adding my .elf file in vivado and generating a bitstream but when I reset my board nothing works i.e. my hello world app will not show up on my terminal. 

To recap:

The prompt menu for generate linker scripts does not open.

I am using linux Centos 7

Vivado 2016.4

0 Kudos
4 Replies
arpansur

Hi @bdina12,

When you say " linker script not opening up for my application"

Does this mean you are unable to generate the linker script?

What happens when you try the following:

1. Right click on the application and click on generate linker script.
  2. 1.JPG
Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
bdina12
Observer
Observer

HI @arpansur,

I am able to modify the linker .ld file but on my linux system clicking it does not open up anything like it does on my windows machine. Also the icons are not generated, I assumed it was a permissions issue, but even when I use sudo to open the SDK I still does not open the GUI to modify where things are in memory. 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
arpansur

Hi @bdina12,

Can you please try a new workspace and giving all read-write permission?

Try opening in linker script editor.1.JPG

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
bdina12
Observer
Observer

Hello @arpansur,

So when I try to change permissions to my entire work space folder I get a lot Operation not permitted. Opening it in linkerscript editor works and is default when I double click on the lscript.ld file.  Also for some reason the editor looks off see attached, also when I try to view my system.hdf it also looks different then other examples I have found on line.

Screenshot from 2018-02-15 09-07-15.png
Screenshot from 2018-02-15 09-08-54.png
0 Kudos