04-04-2018 08:59 AM
I am using VIvado/SDK 2017.4.1 on Linux (Linux version 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.x86_64 (firstname.lastname@example.org) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Jun 26 18:16:44 EDT 2016) and have implemented and compiled in SDK the dp_rx_subsystem_0_ex example design which I started by adding a DisplayPort Rx block and right clicking and opening example design.
I then took that working design and removed the following blocks in order to create an Rx only design which is what I need in the end on custom hardware:
1. Removed the following blocks:
2. Updated the BRAM from 128KB to 512KB in the address editor to allow the SDK ELF file to fit inside the FPGA.
After making the above changes I have re-implemented and generated a bit file, but when I try to launch SDK I get the crash shown below:
I would share the crash log but I am concerned with the potential of some possible private company data being in the file.
Any help on getting SDK to work again?
04-04-2018 09:04 AM
@tim_severance I would completely remove the <project>.sdk folder and re-export the hardware to a clean environment.
Then copy sources manually back.
04-04-2018 09:04 AM
I tried the hdf file you sent me in PM but I cannot reproduce your issue.
Could you try to create a new SDK worspace and create a new BSP from this HDF?
What OS are you using?
04-04-2018 09:11 AM
@hbucher, I have tried deleting the SDK folder multiple times but I continue to get the same result.
@florentw, I cannot even get SDK to launch in order to try creating a new BSP. SDK works fine on it's own, but as soon as I try to have it open with the SDK folder that contains the hdf file then SDK crashes.
I am using Redhat Linux with the below info in proc/version:
Linux version 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.x86_64 (email@example.com) (gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Jun 26 18:16:44 EDT 2016
04-04-2018 09:14 AM
What if you copy/paste the hdf to a new location?
If you see a .Xil folder, try to delete it.
04-04-2018 09:17 AM
04-04-2018 09:23 AM
So after moving the .Xil folder to .Xil_bak now SDK seems to work fine even launching from Vivado. Even after moving .Xil_bak back to .Xil it still seems to work.
So I am not sure if something changed on the server that I am logged into, or if moving the .Xil folder somehow fixed things.
04-04-2018 09:25 AM
@florentw, the BSP generated just fine now, and I am now needing to update the xdprxss_KC705_1 C files in order for it to work with the Rx-only blocks that my design contains (i.e. missing the expected DP Tx blocks).
04-04-2018 09:26 AM
I sometimes have weird issue with SDK. Usually when switching between windows and linux
Deleting the .Xil helps.
I think there is some file to lock the worspace. And sometimes it get corrupted or not released.
04-04-2018 09:32 AM
I never had issue deleting it... Make sure you are deleting the one for the SDK workspace. If you want to be sure, rename it as you did to make sure everything is ok and delete it after some time.