UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar ronnywebers
Scholar

SDK debugger - variable window : how to show uint8_t as hex value instead of ASCII values?

When looking at variables in SDK debugger of type uint8_t (unsigned char), the debugger shows the values as ASCII. I'd like to see these as hex values ... where can we change this representation? Looks kind of trivial that this can be done, but I simply cannot find a way to do change this ...

Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 16.48.38.png

** kudo if the answer was helpful. Accept as solution if your question is answered **
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: SDK debugger - variable window : how to show uint8_t as hex value instead of ASCII values?

Hi,

I think it's something like:

Window->Preferences

Select C/C++->Debug and then change the variables/register settings from Default to Hexadecimal

Hopefully this works for you.

Always bugs me that is seems to default to Octal and it doesn't seem very easy to change.

Regards

Simon