UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

SDK fails to create new Application Project due to XSDB timeout

Jump to solution

I'm attempting to create a new application project, i've had this problem for some time. Currently when i attempt to make this new project the SDK freezes and eventually crashes (ie. not responsive). It doesn't even make it to the Application Project Wizard to create my new project. Freezes immediatly after selected 'New Application Project'

I also don't understand why the xsdb is attemping to launch anyways, i have no board connected to my machine.

Looking at my sdk.log it appears that the problem is because of my xsdb

10:01:10 INFO  : Launching XSDB server: xsdb.bat -s C:/Xilinx_2015.2/SDK/2015.2/scripts/xsdb/xsdb/xsdb-server.tcl
10:01:40 ERROR : Timed out. 30 seconds have elapsed while waiting for XSDB server to launch.

Anyone aware of how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Re: SDK fails to create new Application Project due to XSDB timeout

Jump to solution
Looks like an installation issue to me. At the very least, you should be able to create applications from CLI.
10 Replies
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
I could not reproduce this one at my end.

Here is what I did on my win7 64-bit machine:

1. Launch SDK 2015.2
2. Entered workspace path in the workspace launcher window
3. At the splash screen, Create Application Project and walk through the wizard to build a hello world application on zc702-pre-built platform.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Im aware of how to build a new app project. And i totally agree that this is kindof a super fundamental problem i'm running into. Is it possible that i have some sort of settings somewhere that is causing problems? How would i check this?

I've ran tests in which i create a brand-new workspace, even in those blank workspaces i am unable to create a new project.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
What is the OS you are using?
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Windows 7

As far as i know nothing im using is unsupported. The strange part is this behavior shows up with all previous sdk's except sdk 2013.10 which works as expected.

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
Check if you can create an application using CLI?
http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/64200.html
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Update:

So when i attempt to execute xsct.bat it loads then immediatly freezes, not allowing me to input any commands to run the above test example. (creating a project via the command tool)

However the XMD console loads just fine when i run xmd.bat.

Is this a possible installation problem?

0 Kudos
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
Looks like an installation issue to me. At the very least, you should be able to create applications from CLI.
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

So i definitly think its an install problem now, the deeper i dive the more problems i see. Currently i've completly uninstalled and deleted all related files. I downloaded a new install zip for 2015.2, after running it, it gets to a point that it just hangs there. I've attached an image of where it stalls out at.

At this point i can kill the processes manually, in which case the xilinx sdk will still run, but the xsdb is not installed correctly to allow for new project creation still. I think this was the source of my original problem.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

install hangs.png
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

As a quick final update, after getting a new workstation this problem entirly went away. I could never find the exact cause of all these problems with my old machine but a new computer with a freshinstall seemed to do the trick.

0 Kudos