UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDK psu_init Error 2018.3 ZCU104

Hi, 

I am trying to run the simple hello world example on the ZCU104 board (after failing to run many other applications, which all froze at the same point). When launch on hardware is clocked (with psu_init.tcl enabled), the console hangs up at 99% psu_init phase and freezes. On clicking cancel, it throws the following error:

Error while launching program:
Memory read error at 0xFD080030. Invalid DAP IDCODE. Invalid DAP ACK value: 4

On the board, the PS_ERR_OUT led turns red. 

Further to reading the PMU_Global Status registers, (as suggested here: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/ZCU102-PS-ERR-OUT-red-and-VCCOPS-light-off-after-power-cycle/td-p/978538), i get the following values

mrd 0xFFD80530 -> 00000000

mrd 0xFFD80540 -> 01000000 (i.e., PMU_SERVICE bit set to 1).

On the board, DS8 (VADJ_FMC) is the only power status indicator that is not ON. 

I have also tried using an FSBL approach, which also resulted in the ERR LED going to red. I have tried this on both ZCU104 boards I have access to, and am getting the same response on both of them. 

Does anyone have any pointers? 

The system configuration is Vivado 2018.3 on Windows 10. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: SDK psu_init Error 2018.3 ZCU104

Are you using the psu_init.tcl? If so, are you using the correct target (ie the PSU)?

For example:

• connect
  • targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~ "PSU"}
  • source psu_init.tcl
  • psu_init

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen, 

I am using the run/debug buttons on the SDK GUI for the downloading the elf, so I assume the target is properly chosen since the design targets the ZCU104 board. I will run the commands using the XSCT to confirm. 

Update: The same error shows up when using the commands on the XSCT terminal. 

Thanks, 

Shreejith

0 Kudos

Can you pass on the hdf please? Ill try this on my end

0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Please find the hdf in the link below (tried to attach it, but it kept saying that the contents doesn't match the type of the file)

hdf

Thanks 

Shreejith

0 Kudos