cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDK "run on simulator"??

Hello,

Under SDK, when I select "Run As" for an application project, there is the option

"Run on Hardware / Run on Simulator"

The hardware downloads the bistream on the board of course, but what about the simulator? I cannot find doc about it, and the online help... doesn't help at all! Is it a call to the HDL simulator?

I gave it a try but I have strange errors, I surely need to configurate something...

Thank you for your time,

Michele

0 Kudos
2 Replies

As far as i know..This is the option to view output with help of simulator..ModelSim, ISim depends on which simulator is present in your Xilinx pack.The output in simulators is preferred when  ur design doesn't require a peripheral interface.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx11/SDK_doc/ 

In the above link ...Supported Debug Targets will give you some idea about  that option..

Thanks,

KSR. 

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello, and thanks for the answer.

honestly I didn't find "Supported Debug Targets", that is indeed the documentation I had been looking at before posting here... Even a search in the document (open from SDK) doesn't give any result..

A simulation with Modelsim is exactly what I would need, now to do the same I am obliged to make a project "elf only" in XPS, then run the simulator from ISE. It's really tricky, and doesn't work completely... It should be normal to do it from within SDK.

Did you or someone else actually use the option "run on simulator"?

Cheers,

Michele

0 Kudos