Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

SEM-IP does not change state(freezes) after INIT OK message

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using a Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC (xczu9eg-ffvc900-1-e) with evaluation kit Trenz electronics. I am trying to implement configuration scrubbing and error injection using ultrascale architecture SEM-IP. I used the following video as a tutorial to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rja88BR9IxA

The block diagram and the code in the PS (A53) is very similar to the one in the video tutorial. 
When I execute the program, the initialization message shows up in the SDK terminal which states everything is OK and then it freezes without changing the state, as shown in the figure below: 

It stops at SC instead of printing SC 02 

Sem_output.png

I have switched the control from PCAP to ICAP as well and the clock given to SEM-IP and SEM UART is 100MHZ.

An excerpt of the block diagram is shown below as well 

image001.png

Code: Main()

image001 (1).png

I do not have an idea of what is causing this issue. Looks like the ICAP has control and initialization is done properly. I did not notice any such cases in the SEM-IP related forums

EDIT: I apologize for missing out a few details, I am coding in bare-metal in SDK (v2017.4) and I am testing my code in JTAG boot mode directly from SDK. I now suspect that JTAG might be causing the problem. not sure though.

please help me with this issue.

Thank you

Learn how to protect your UltraScale+ configuration memory in four wires or less. This video shows how the processing system in Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoCs can a...
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I actually managed to solve the problem today.
So it was not the problem with the JTAG because QSPI boot also had the same issue.

The problem was with my coding. For some reason the interrupt was not able to detect the last few bytes of data from SEM-IP, I could not figure out why. 

Hence I used polling directly in the main loop for both the UARTs and it changes the state as expected.

I am closing this issue. 

Thank you

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I actually managed to solve the problem today.
So it was not the problem with the JTAG because QSPI boot also had the same issue.

The problem was with my coding. For some reason the interrupt was not able to detect the last few bytes of data from SEM-IP, I could not figure out why. 

Hence I used polling directly in the main loop for both the UARTs and it changes the state as expected.

I am closing this issue. 

Thank you

View solution in original post