UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Timing parameters generation error

I synthesize Zynq-based design, with ps7 subsystem

Vivado 2014.2/linux 64bit platform

All of the sudden, on a working design, I started to get lots of the following messages:

[Netlist 29-73] Incorrect value '10.000000' specified for property 'CLKFBOUT_MULT_F'. The system will either use the default value or the property value will be dropped. Verify your source files. ["/design/nvmtop2/.Xil/Vivado-21578-cwserver/dcp/nvme_zynq_wrapper.edf":253755]

[Netlist 29-73] Incorrect value '0.000000' specified for property 'CLKFBOUT_PHASE'. The system will either use the default value or the property value will be dropped. Verify your source files. ["/design/nvmtop2/.Xil/Vivado-21578-cwserver/dcp/nvme_zynq_wrapper.edf":253756]

Those are qualified as critical warnings. They pop up when I open the synthesized design. The synthesis

itself goes normally.

After getting those warnings, the implementation does not go through, citing numerous timing parameter and check

errors.

Having looked for the source of this issue, I found out that my PS7 clock settings are

completely corrupted.

I attached my ARM/DDR clock values I get. They are at 660/528 MHZ respectively, not at all what they should be: 667/533MHz. Also: ranges are out

Looking at Advanced settings tab, I find that my PLL divisors settings are the following:

ARM PLL = 40

DDR PLL = 32

IOPLL = 54

At the same time, the ARM PLL Freq = 1320 MHZ !!!!  

(DDR clock = 1056M, IO = 1782M)

How could this happen? 33.3333 X 40 = 1333.33MHz ?  

This is the reaso, I think, for wrong PLL divisor values and timing checks pb.

It looks like Vivado started to round down all clock values. What's more, I cannot override

clocks and divisor values, Vivado keeps enforcing wrong ones.

Any ideas on what could be causing this project database corruption?

What cold be done to reset PS7 clock settings without restarting anew the project?

(whan I apply default board preset for ZC706 nothing happens)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Timing parameters generation error

This could be better resolved on the "Embbeded Development Tools" board. I'll move your post to that board.

-Vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Would that be possible to share your design?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Hem,

Sure, here's the simple design illustrating the problem. See processing system clock parameters: basic and advanced

0 Kudos
Visitor gomiz3
Visitor

Hi,

The problem may be your "locale"  lenguage setting. So Xilinx may be mistaking dots and commas. 

It is better explained here:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44257.html

best regards

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

This is also a problem on windows and Vivado 2014.4. I worked around this problem using window's applocale utility.
0 Kudos