UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie tmbisotek

UCF file syntax

I'm trying to find the commands and syntax for the UCF file, but the information is either in plain view and I'm stupid, or it's well hidden somewhere and I can't find it.  Of course, I can copy bits of other files, but it'd be nicer if I could understand what I am doing as I did it!  I'm using EDK 9.1.

Can anybody help, please?

Cheers,
Trevor
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor jatxl3
Visitor

Re: UCF file syntax

The syntax description locates in  \Xilinx\doc\usenglish\books\docs\cgd,
 try to find it in your computer
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You can also find the Constraints Guide on-line:
Though I suspect it will generally be more convenient to refer to the copy included in your ISE install, as mentioned above by jatxl3.

Cheers,
bt
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

I should have mentioned an easier way to find this locally (assuming Windows platform)
Start -> Programs -> Xilinx ISE 9.1i -> Documentation -> Software Manuals
Click on "Design Entry" then "Constraints Guide" (2nd item down the list)
To get back to the main page, simply click on "Software Manuals" in the Acrobat bookmarks pane.

There is a lot of other good information here too.
0 Kudos
Newbie tmbisotek

Thanks very much.  Part of the problem is that I am using a Linux install of the ISE and EDK, and because that doesn't set up any menus it's hard to determine what's what in the directory tree.

Cheers,
Trevor.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Trevor,

That makes sense. In that case you may want to have a quick way (bookmark, shortcut, soft-link, etc.) to access the "manuals.pdf" file as that is the main Xilinx ISE "Software Manuals" document and includes embedded links to the other documents.
You should find this under your xilinx installation path under /doc/usenglish/books (assuming Linux has a similar directory structure to Windows, which in my case is %XILINX%\doc\usenglish\books)

Good luck,
bt
0 Kudos