cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

Unable to run Uboot.elf - SPL image using JTAG for Microzed zynq?

I am unable to see any output from SPL uboot.elf generated using ezynq.
If I flash fsbl.elf, I can see the output on console. However, if I flash the uboot.elf, then
I can't see anything on the console. I am using Xilinx software command line tools to flash the
uboot.elf - JTAG.

Here, are my commands.
I have generated ps7_init.tcl from the Xilinx SDK.

connect
xsct% targets
target 2
source ps7_init.tcl

my ps7_init.tcl download the uboot.elf file.
Here is my ps7_init.tcl file. Please help, what am I missing here.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

I see you are sourcing the ps7_init.tcl, but I dont see where you are running the procedures; ps7_init and ps7_post_config

The first would be needed to init the ddr (where your u-boot would reside).

If you want to boot over jatg, there is a utility in Petalinux that will generate the script for you. For example:

petalinux-boot --jtag --tcl kernel.tcl

I have copied the commands upto u-boot for you:

connect

fpga download.bit
after 2000
targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~ "arm*#0"}

source ps7_init.tcl; ps7_post_config
catch {stop}
set mctrlval [string trim [lindex [split [mrd 0xF8007080] :] 1]]
puts "mctrlval=$mctrlval"
puts stderr "INFO: Downloading ELF file: /home/stephenm/cases/zynq_jtag/xilinx-zc702-2019.2/pre-built/linux/images/zynq_fsbl.elf to the target."
dow zynq_fsbl.elf
after 2000
con
after 3000; stop
targets -set -nocase -filter {name =~ "arm*#0"}
dow u-boot.elf
after 2000
con
after 2000; stop

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Here is my u-boot.elf. I tried with the script you have shared but it didn't work. Although I see something from fsbl.elf since I have enable debug symbols. I have attached fsbl.elf too. Even, I have build a u-boot-spl too. Please suggest something.

0 Kudos

I would suggest that you try with the BSP image  the microzed board. Or use Petalinux to create your image, this way you will have a u-boot binary that works.

The error you are seeing could be the devicetree

0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

I have generated uboot using ezynq and I could boot the uboot and the entire image using sd card boot. But in that case I have boot.bin, uboot.bin, device tree, uimage  and rootfs. However, when I am using JTAG mode, I can't use my uboot.elf. what is the best thing I can do. What could be the reason it is not working. Is there a utility to convert boot.bin to boot.elf. This way I know that something is working and then I can use uboot.elf.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Use 'bootgen -spilt' option to create .bin files for the different files contained within boot.bin. This will create uboot.bin based on uboot.elf.

0 Kudos