cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Using TEMAC core as custom IP with PLB in microblaze

Hi,

I have generated TEMAC core in ISE, wrote some VHDL code for sending constant packets. I have added this temac core along with vhdl code as a custom IP to my processor and connected it through PLB. I am trying to write data on the base address assigned to custom IP but it is not getting written what could be the problem?

I am using ISE 11.1

Please help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

How do you know it's not getting written? Also - have you tested/simulated your temac core and logic outside of EDK? And have you considered using xps_ll_temac present in EDK instead of "custom" one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

When we debug on hardware we can check memory map for respective core. When I read the base address for respective core it shows me the value, but when I write something at that address nothing is getting updated in memory map. (I have tried this method for bram controller.)

the temac core I am trying to implement as custom core is tested standalone in ISE and working fine with RX TX shorted from outside. I am using an array of constants in VHDL for data packet, so there is nothinh I have to do right now. Simmilar code is working as custom core also, its transmitting that constant packet and receiving it back. But now I have to replace that constant packet with data coming from microblaze, which I ma unable to do.

I am trying to implement xps_ll_temac also but then I dont have any example c code to know how it is to be handled, it all will be from scratch :( 

0 Kudos

I suggest that you do some simulation, either a bfm simulation or a normal behavioural simulation. I suspect tjhat your issue will be on your bus interfaces not parsing the data correctly. However, without some debugging this is hard to tell

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, thanks

0 Kudos