UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

VHDL code to access AXI interfaces

Hi,

the vivado will generate VHDL templates for AXI interfaces. I am looking for examples how to write the VHDL code to access the three different AXI interfaces. There is a comprehensive documentation on complex AXI interfaces, but where can I learn to build just a very simple interface.

Bahne

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VHDL code to access AXI interfaces

Hi,

Are you trying to create your user IP with an AXI Interface?  If yes you can use "Create and Packaging IP Wizard"  page45 of

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2013_3/ug896-vivado-ip.pdf

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Hello Hem,

Thank you for your Answer. I was looking for the code, how to transfer data to and from AXI interfaces.

The

AR#56609 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/56609.htm) 

offered a template, but I was confused because the it requires so much code to establish a simple interface.

It would exactly meet my requirements, if I could have the files from

xapp1168 (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1168-axi-ip-integrator.pdf)

in VHDL instead in verilog.

Bahne

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

moving to embedded board

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Observer chadigo
Observer

Bahne, did you determine a solution? Did you just translate the verilog code? I'm in a similar situation, and I'm trying to look for an existing solution before creating my own...
0 Kudos
Observer chadigo
Observer

I was reading through UG896 that htsvn linked to. This is what I was trying to figure out, thanks! The wizard generates the VHDL code that acts as a template for implementing your custom function.
0 Kudos
Observer emu
Observer

So, any chance Xilinx starts to support the AXI interfaces in VHDL?

0 Kudos
Visitor apfelsaft
Visitor

Hi,

i'm in the same situation. Seaching for an AXI oder at least AXI-Lite VHDL Interface. For building my own VHDL Code  communication with MicroBlaze ( -> Ethernet).

Maybe Xilinx will put this on their record, for future dev..

Hopefully they will notice that their is interest, out there :-)

regards Apfelsaft

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

You can check the source code for some of the AXI peripherals that Xilinx provides in Vivado.

Not every IP is encrypted and it can give you a idea on how AXI interface is used.

Göran

0 Kudos