Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Vitis and SVN

Jump to solution

Anyone have any experience with using SVN on a Vitis workspace?

My goal is to use the workspace as the repository, and have the application projects update as I work on them inside the repository as well as update if someone else works on them. Not too sure how feasible this is but I can't imagine it being impossible, anyone have any experience with using SVN and Vitis?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hey @dylancob 

So by scale mine is still ~30 files but one directory. The scale statement is how many directories you're fundamentally synchronizing.

You can definitely ignore the XSA and not even version control the XSA.

It's a product from implementation so if you have a vivado implemented project you can generate it.

Regenerate the platform from the XSA (takes 5 mins), then you can change the referred platform from the application side if it's a new xsa/platform.

- Jerry

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@dylancob 

This is a decent discussion on this subject. I've been going through the same exercise with Git.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Vitis-bare-metal-revision-control/m-p/1063994

I've used @florentw 's technique, modified a bit, with some success.

Jerry

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Are there any problems with your bitstream location and makefile pointers? I tend to run into those problems when I transfer from directory to directory or import Vitis workspaces, was wondering if that would be a similar problem with SVN

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

@dylancob 

>>bitstream location and makefile pointers?

Bitstream location, no. I modify that in the tcl scripts to manage location within the platform project as it's updated. That's not source controlled (nor is the XSA, ... at least yet).

Makefile generation is handled with the IDE so I haven't modified that. It does involve cp -R directory to directory however. A bit error prone but it's just a test application so smaller scale dev for now.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok good to know, thanks

This is a bit larger scale dev so this might be a bit trickier on my end (project I'm working on right now has ~10 separate source files and 2 additional BSP libraries), hoping to just ignore the platform project on the version control part and only include .xsa files in there, then can focus on the source files themselves rather than trying to control the application/platform projects

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hey @dylancob 

So by scale mine is still ~30 files but one directory. The scale statement is how many directories you're fundamentally synchronizing.

You can definitely ignore the XSA and not even version control the XSA.

It's a product from implementation so if you have a vivado implemented project you can generate it.

Regenerate the platform from the XSA (takes 5 mins), then you can change the referred platform from the application side if it's a new xsa/platform.

- Jerry

View solution in original post