UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor phys_msu
Visitor

Vivado Block Design Datamover IP Issue

Hello

I have an issue when adding IP AXI Datamover (v 5.1) to Block Design in Vivado 2014.1. Parameter C_S_AXIS_S2MM_TDATA_WIDTH is read only and set to 32 bits. I need to change it to 64. I have no such issue when just adding IP to design sources from IP Catalog. Screenshot are attached. What can be done?

Yuri Rumyantsev
Engineer, Rosta
from_block_design.jpg
from_ip_catalog.jpg
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado Block Design Datamover IP Issue

you can change the value through address editor
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Scholar trenz-al
Scholar

we had the same issue, but if you do it correctly in IPI block, then

AFTER VALIDATE the data mover parameters are set correctly by auto

oru core is AXI_Data_Capture, out stream is 64 bit

AXI_Data_Capture >> AXI FIFO >> AXI Data Mover >> axi interconect > PS7 HP0 configured as 64 bit

after validate the 64 bit info is propageted and full path is auto confed to 64 bit

I was about to fail a webcase that there is a bug, but there is none, it just works.

0 Kudos
Visitor leardilap
Visitor

Hi,

It doesn't update the correct size, even after validation or synthesis.

I have a 512 bit bus connected to the datamover s2mm input, but the data width remains stuck at 32 bits. Is there any place where we can set for example the compilation order?

The compiler knows it is wrong, but it doesn't update this "auto" width parameter.

[BD 41-1228] Width mismatch when connecting input pin '/axi_datamover_0/s_axis_s2mm_tdata'(32) to net 's2mm_fifo_dout'(512) - Only lower order bits will be connected, and other input bits of this pin will be left unconnected.

any other trick one can do in order to force this assignment?

Many thanks

Luis

bd_ddr.png
dm.png
0 Kudos
Visitor leardilap
Visitor

I believe the address editor is only to concerning the address mapping of the mm side, it has no effect in the addr_width or data_width
0 Kudos