Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Vivado and Vitis projects in relation with version control

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am newbie in Xilinx Vivado and Vitis tools and in the time being I am at the beginning of a project where I will use both the aforementioned tools. Among other stuff I have been looking for:

01) what is the recommended directory structure as far as Vivado and Vitis projects

02) how to appropriatelly use version control system (in my case Mercurial) for Vivado and Vitis projects

Can anybody share its experience? I would very appreciate an example of proven workflow. Thanks in advance for any comments.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have spent some time and I have hit following Xilinx video . This video answers my question regarding the Vivado software. 

1a) Recommended directory structure of Vivado project:

Working_directory - contains the .xpr file of Vivado project

Testbenches

Scripts

RTL

IPI_BDs - contains IP block designs

IP - contains IP blocks

HLS

DSP

Doc

Constraints

2a) Recommended approach as far as version control system usage for Vivado projects:  

Recommendation is to check-in the .xpr file and optionally the whole IP directory.

Little bit different information can be found in UG892 (page 89 regards the project directory structure and page 85 regards what files have to be under version control system management).

As far as Vitis software.

2b) Recommended approach as far as version control system usage for Vitis projects:

Based on this answer it seems to me that the source files and the tcl script have to be under version control system management. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

I have spent some time and I have hit following Xilinx video . This video answers my question regarding the Vivado software. 

1a) Recommended directory structure of Vivado project:

Working_directory - contains the .xpr file of Vivado project

Testbenches

Scripts

RTL

IPI_BDs - contains IP block designs

IP - contains IP blocks

HLS

DSP

Doc

Constraints

2a) Recommended approach as far as version control system usage for Vivado projects:  

Recommendation is to check-in the .xpr file and optionally the whole IP directory.

Little bit different information can be found in UG892 (page 89 regards the project directory structure and page 85 regards what files have to be under version control system management).

As far as Vitis software.

2b) Recommended approach as far as version control system usage for Vitis projects:

Based on this answer it seems to me that the source files and the tcl script have to be under version control system management. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos