06-21-2012 11:05 AM
I am just getting into the uBlaze stuff.
I am currently trying to build a very basic uBlaze System on the ML605.
I do this in the following steps:
- Create ISE13.4 project, target is the ML605. Crate a new source, embedded CPU
- XPS opens up and asks me to run BSB Wizard and I do
- I remove most of the peripherals from the right side of the screen to keep it simple, but I do leave the DDR3 in.
- When I see my System Assembly view is done, I checked the ucf file...which graphically located on the left, under the platform view, 'project files'
- When I open the ucf, it shows pin assignments for all of the peripherall EXCEPT the DDR3...WHY?
So when I go back to the System Assembly view, and click on the DDR3 peripheral, it brings up the MIG Wizard. I notice the DDR3 was totally not even set up....WHY? If I targeted tyhe ML605...it KNOWS what I got...this should be all automated...
So then I go through the process:
- create design...DDR3 using AXI
- memory type is SODIMM, and I choose the one on the ML605
- leave all the settings the same...32 bit data bus, etc..
- then it asks me how to do pin selection, and I chose a fixed design...as it is....ML605
- It brings me to a screen where it asks me for a UCF....I DONT HAVE THE UCF...SHOULDN'T IT KNOW ALREADY SINCE IT KNOWS I AM USING THE DARN ML605???
- Embedded kit has to ucf for the ddr3 either...
So what do I do?? What am I missing here? =/
11-26-2013 10:01 AM
I also face exact the same problem described above.
In my case, I use Spartan 6 SP605 Evaluation Board. I try to use 128 Mb DDR3 Ram. I use BSP to generate DDR3 Memory Controller Core. However, for both PLB and AXI bus, the ucf files have no declaration of pins for DDR3 RAM.
I also download some reference designs for SP605 (for example xapp1026), but in these designs, the ucf files also have no declaration for DDR3 RAM pins. Of course, when i run the mem_test app, it returns failed.
I use xps and sdk ver 14.7. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something about DDR3 RAM? Could someone please explain this problem for me.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.
11-29-2013 11:24 PM
11-30-2013 01:54 AM
11-30-2013 07:50 AM
Thanks for your reply. Mark the forum post as solved if the issue is resolved.