cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

XPS GUI is not launching in plan ahead 14.4

I have just installed the licenced version of ise14.4.

I was trying to make edk project using plan ahead tool. I was following the steps tutorial. steps are like this

1. after slecting the board name, package name, and speed grade I have cliked on 'add sorce' button of project manager window.

2. seleted the " add or creat the embedded source".

3. clicked on "creat sub design".

4. put the  model name

5. click 'ok' and finish.

after these 5 steps a windo appears on screen, named by Xilinx platform Studio(EDK_P.49d+0), but at the main plan ahead window I got  "Launching XPS GUI for configuring XPS sub design...".(See the attached picture) But at that step the XPS GUI has not been launched. I did not get anything becouse this process is continuing until I stopped it

pic.JPG
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Is there anyone to reply?

I am getting trouble to solve this problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

One another thing I want to share,
when I am copying the license file, then by default the .lic file is storing at C drive, where as the software was installed in F drive.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

is there anyone to reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

no sure if it is related, I had similar iuuse with Vivado last time trying to open something, however it run forever.

I contacted Xilinx support and the conclusion was, since I was running Win XP I only had 2GB memory available (There were 4GB physical memory installed) to the OS, which is not enough to run the tools.

David C.

0 Kudos