UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor dmagrina
Visitor

XSCT: Change the referenced hw project for an existing application project

Hello,

I'd like to know if once an application project has been created, is it possible to change the referenced hw project via XSCT. Something similar to the command changebsp, but for the hw project.

If this is not possible, what are the steps to follow to update the app project after updating the hw project with a new hw specification using updatehw? 

Regards,

Didac

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Re: XSCT: Change the referenced hw project for an existing application project

Hello @dmagrina,

I don't know the answer, but I am also interested in this topic.

Let's see if there is someone that can help.

Best regards,

baldrism

0 Kudos

I dont think there is a command to do this. however, you could hack this using the hsi commands to open the new HDF (hsi::open_hw_design your.hdf), and generate a new bsp (hsi::generate_bsp), this will create a mss file. copy this mss to your existing bsp, do an updatemss and regenbsp. then delete bsp created in hsi.

i havent tested this, and wouldnt be supported. however, it might work for you guys

0 Kudos
Visitor dmagrina
Visitor

Thanks a lot @stephenm, your solution sounds like a good option but I'd rather going for something supported if possible. What should I do after running the command "updatehw" with a new hw specification to ensure that the application project is updated? 

Cheers,

Didac

0 Kudos