UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer fdpousa
Observer

XSDB script for programming only PS with PL already programmed

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have and XSDB script to programming my PL with a bitstream and then download the executable like that:

connect
targets
targets 2
rst -processor
fpga -f C:/VM_Exchange/design_1_wrapper.bit
source C:/VM_Exchange/ps7_init.tcl
ps7_init
ps7_post_config
dow C:/VM_Exchange/smp01.x
con

I want to save some time, the bitstream will always be the same. How can I do a script to only download the executable file while FPGA bitstream keeps. I try with this, but doesn't work:

connect
targets
targets 2
rst -processor
dow C:/VM_Exchange/smp01.x
con

I removed ps7 related lines because they are only valid for the first time, aren't they?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XSDB script for programming only PS with PL already programmed

Jump to solution

Can you explain what 'doesn't work' means? For FPGA command, you don't have to select a target - this command programs the FPGA if it's the only FPGA device on the chain. If there're multiple FPGA devices, then you need to select the correct FPGA device.

I guess target 2 in your case could be A9 #0. If thats the case, your script should have worked, but if it doesn't, we need more details about what's not working. Also, selecting targets by using numeric IDs in a script is not a good practice. Please see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Reordering-JTAG-targets/m-p/793513 for more details about programatically selecting targets

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @fdpousa,

What error do you get? Is it an error in XSDB or it is not working on HW. If not working on HW, what is the behaviour?

I am surprise that you don't have to change the target... You cna see the PL and the PS on the same target number (i.e. 2)?

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Observer fdpousa
Observer

Jump to solution

I haven't got any error... Simply doesn't work. Maybe it could be related with the target number that you mentioned, I made the second script removing some lines from the first one... How can I know the target for the PS?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Can you explain what 'doesn't work' means? For FPGA command, you don't have to select a target - this command programs the FPGA if it's the only FPGA device on the chain. If there're multiple FPGA devices, then you need to select the correct FPGA device.

I guess target 2 in your case could be A9 #0. If thats the case, your script should have worked, but if it doesn't, we need more details about what's not working. Also, selecting targets by using numeric IDs in a script is not a good practice. Please see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Reordering-JTAG-targets/m-p/793513 for more details about programatically selecting targets