Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

XSDB script for programming only PS with PL already programmed

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have and XSDB script to programming my PL with a bitstream and then download the executable like that:

connect
targets
targets 2
rst -processor
fpga -f C:/VM_Exchange/design_1_wrapper.bit
source C:/VM_Exchange/ps7_init.tcl
ps7_init
ps7_post_config
dow C:/VM_Exchange/smp01.x
con

I want to save some time, the bitstream will always be the same. How can I do a script to only download the executable file while FPGA bitstream keeps. I try with this, but doesn't work:

connect
targets
targets 2
rst -processor
dow C:/VM_Exchange/smp01.x
con

I removed ps7 related lines because they are only valid for the first time, aren't they?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you explain what 'doesn't work' means? For FPGA command, you don't have to select a target - this command programs the FPGA if it's the only FPGA device on the chain. If there're multiple FPGA devices, then you need to select the correct FPGA device.

I guess target 2 in your case could be A9 #0. If thats the case, your script should have worked, but if it doesn't, we need more details about what's not working. Also, selecting targets by using numeric IDs in a script is not a good practice. Please see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Reordering-JTAG-targets/m-p/793513 for more details about programatically selecting targets

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @fdpousa,

What error do you get? Is it an error in XSDB or it is not working on HW. If not working on HW, what is the behaviour?

I am surprise that you don't have to change the target... You cna see the PL and the PS on the same target number (i.e. 2)?

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I haven't got any error... Simply doesn't work. Maybe it could be related with the target number that you mentioned, I made the second script removing some lines from the first one... How can I know the target for the PS?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Can you explain what 'doesn't work' means? For FPGA command, you don't have to select a target - this command programs the FPGA if it's the only FPGA device on the chain. If there're multiple FPGA devices, then you need to select the correct FPGA device.

I guess target 2 in your case could be A9 #0. If thats the case, your script should have worked, but if it doesn't, we need more details about what's not working. Also, selecting targets by using numeric IDs in a script is not a good practice. Please see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/Reordering-JTAG-targets/m-p/793513 for more details about programatically selecting targets

View solution in original post