Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnsonHu
Observer
Observer

Xapp1291 undefined reference

Hi,

As I tried to build the project SDK from the reference design of XAPP1291, some Errors pops up related with "undefined reference to......". as the codes built.

At the Xilinx SDK Navigator, there are' hw_plaform", "standalone_bsp_0", and "Project_0" folders.

There are some "Errors" are reported related with Hdmi_RxSs_Report, such as

"XV_HdmiRxSs_ReportCoreInfo"

XV_HdmiRxSs_ReportSubcoreVersion

XV_HdmiRxSs_ReportLinkQuality, etc.

Nevertheless, as I CTRL+click on the said function in system.c, it would 'jump' to the code location in xv_hdmirxss.c. It seems there are 'linked'. 

I wonder there are something missed as I paste the src to the directory I create.

Please help

Johnson

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stephenm

Nevertheless, as I CTRL+click on the said function in system.c, it would 'jump' to the code location in xv_hdmirxss.c. It seems there are 'linked'. 

This doesnt mean they are linked. This just means the GUI found the file.

Can you open the BSP and make sure that the driver is used and compiled?

0 Kudos
florentw

HI @JohnsonHu 

Just in addition to what @stephenm said make sure that you are using 2016.2 as mentioned in the XAPP as this is the only version tested/supported for this xapp.

When you can have it working with 2016.2 you can move to a newer version. So if you have isse with the newer version this might be because some stuffs are not compatible

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
JohnsonHu
Observer
Observer

Hi,

The reference design could be built successfully by either SDK ver.2016.2 and ver.2016.4.

Since I add some new functions/modules so that I've to create new BSP and application files; however, the build-error pops at the reference C code (system.c, parser.c), which calls XV_HdmiRxSs functions.

Johnson

0 Kudos
JohnsonHu
Observer
Observer

Hi,

Some other function of xv_hdmirxss.c, like  "XV_HdmiRxSs_LookupConfig",called by inss.c, has no-compiling issue while some function like "XV_HdmiRxSs_ReportLinkQuality", called by system.c has reported error. So, I'm sure the file "xv_hdmirxss.c" has been included.

The difference is that "XV_HdmiRxSs_LookupConfig" is declared in the list of xv_hdmirxss.h while "XV_HdmiRxSs_ReportLinkQuality" is declared at top of  xv_hdmirxss.c.

Johnson

0 Kudos