Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx Uart 16550

Hello,

I have a Microblaze system with an Xilinx Uart 16550 connected. The uart is setup with FIFO enabled and 8 byte of threshold.
Reading the manual of uart I expect an ISR when 8 byte has received into the FIFO but this don't happening, I have an ISR at every byte received.

The configuration code of uart is:

XUartNs550_SetBaudRate(UartInstancePtr,baudrate);
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_MCR_OFFSET,0x02);			//XUN_MCR_RTS
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_LCR_OFFSET,0x03);			//XUN_LCR_8_DATA_BITS & ~XUN_LCR_LENGTH_MASK & ~XUN_LCR_ENABLE_PARITY
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_IER_OFFSET,0x01);			//XUN_IER_RX_DATA
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_FCR_OFFSET,0x47);			//XUN_FIFO_TRIGGER_08 | XUN_FIFO_ENABLE | XUN_FIFO_RX_RESET | XUN_FIFO_TX_RESET

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Xilinx Uart 16550

c,

Nowhere do I see a feature to provide an interrupt when the FIFO has 8 characters described in the manual.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I have solved the problem!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

can you mark this post as solved and also let us know how this problem was solved. this will help out other users

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos