UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor c.akronbt
Visitor

Xilinx Uart 16550

Hello,

I have a Microblaze system with an Xilinx Uart 16550 connected. The uart is setup with FIFO enabled and 8 byte of threshold.
Reading the manual of uart I expect an ISR when 8 byte has received into the FIFO but this don't happening, I have an ISR at every byte received.

The configuration code of uart is:

XUartNs550_SetBaudRate(UartInstancePtr,baudrate);
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_MCR_OFFSET,0x02);			//XUN_MCR_RTS
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_LCR_OFFSET,0x03);			//XUN_LCR_8_DATA_BITS & ~XUN_LCR_LENGTH_MASK & ~XUN_LCR_ENABLE_PARITY
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_IER_OFFSET,0x01);			//XUN_IER_RX_DATA
	XUartNs550_WriteReg(UartInstancePtr->BaseAddress,XUN_FCR_OFFSET,0x47);			//XUN_FIFO_TRIGGER_08 | XUN_FIFO_ENABLE | XUN_FIFO_RX_RESET | XUN_FIFO_TX_RESET

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar austin
Scholar

Re: Xilinx Uart 16550

c,

Nowhere do I see a feature to provide an interrupt when the FIFO has 8 characters described in the manual.

Austin Lesea
Principal Engineer
Xilinx San Jose
0 Kudos
Visitor c.akronbt
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I have solved the problem!

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

hi,

can you mark this post as solved and also let us know how this problem was solved. this will help out other users

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos