UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer engll
Observer

ZC706 does not configure from Flash upon power up

Jump to solution

I am not able to configure the 7Z045  on ZC706 from the Flash upon power up.  I am listing the steps I took below.  Any help and suggestions are much appreciated.

1. The design was done in Vivado 2014.4 on Ubuntu and both PS and PL come up using JTAG for configuration.
2. The FSBL is done in SDK to get an appboot.elf file.
3. The QSPI is added using "Program Configuration Memory Device" in Vivado Hardware Manager.
4. The QSPI is programmed using HW Mgr with the design bit file and appboot.elf as FSBL.
5. The device specified is "s25fl128s-1.8v-qspi-x4-dual_stacked".
6. Flash is programmed successfully without any error message in HW Mgr.
7. Set SW11 on ZC706 to 00010 to boot from flash.
8. Power cycle the board, but the DONE LED never comes up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer engll
Observer

Re: ZC706 does not configure from Flash upon power up

Jump to solution

I restored the Flash content per xtp247 and it works fine.  Going over the files in xtp247 led me to locate the problem - the wrong elf file was specified as the FSBL file.   Once that is corrected, my design comes up as expected.

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

hi,

can you try to restore the flash contents as mentioned in this pdf?

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/2014_3/xtp247-zc706-restoring-flash-c-2014-3.pdf

--hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scholar sampatd
Scholar

Jump to solution
Can you check with the ZC706 BIST design if you are able to boot from the QSPI flash?

What is the spi clock frequency? Can you reduce it and check if you are able to boot?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, as @sampatd said try BIST design FLASH application.

Refer to http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/2014_4/xtp242-zc706-bist-c-2014-4.pdf .

Regards

Praveen

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Check the ZC706 debug checklist and see if the switch and jumper settings are set to default - http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/54013.html

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Observer engll
Observer

Jump to solution

I restored the Flash content per xtp247 and it works fine.  Going over the files in xtp247 led me to locate the problem - the wrong elf file was specified as the FSBL file.   Once that is corrected, my design comes up as expected.

Thanks to everyone who responded and helped!

0 Kudos