UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jsara
Participant

bare metal file system check (e.g. FSCK)

Jump to solution

Is there any file system consistency check available for the bare metal fat file system.  I dont see any in the ff.h file.  Isn't this a problem, especially for a non-journaling file system?

How do you deal with file system corruption?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: bare metal file system check (e.g. FSCK)

Jump to solution

Hi @jsara,

I don't think our File system support this feature but you always can go for a third-party solution that includes more features.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @jsara,

I don't think our File system support this feature but you always can go for a third-party solution that includes more features.

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Participant jsara
Participant

Jump to solution

Well, I have to accept this as an answer - namely that the provided bare metal file system tools for the flash file system are unacceptable for most uses because there is no way to maintain the file system.

You mentioned 3rd party tools but I see none recommended.  FileX seems to have support though I have not tested it, but it is very expensive - about $30000.  I don't see any other tools that have been tested to work with the bare metal libraries.  Do you?

0 Kudos