cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

can ONLY Run program on SDK for one time?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I create an example project(hello world) on SDK, and run on my Kintex7 evaluation board. For the first run, the console receive "hello world", then I run again, and got the warning the "processor is currently in use", so I type "stop" on XMD console to stop the processor, then I run the program, but I unrecognized code on console.    I have tried many times, but got the same result.

Could someone help me? Thanks.

20140707115021.jpg
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Since this is a Kintex-7 evaluation board(I am assuming KC705), would that be possible to share the workspace?

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Are you trying to Run the application or Debug the application?

Can you check the below link and see which process are you following ?

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx12_3/SDK_Doc/tasks/sdk_t_run_main.htm

Looking at the details , you are trying to run the application .Try to use option "application to run".

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Once you click on stop, can you try to do a rst in XMD and relaunch the application again?

--Hem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer
Hi achutha:

I want to Run the application. The problem is that for the first time of running, I could got "hello world" in console, but when I re-run, I can only get unrecognized code even I type "stop" or "rst" in XMD.

Does it really means that if the program is running on Microblaze, we need to reset the processor so that we could re-run the program?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer
Hi htsvn:

If I click "Debug as" > "launch on hardware(GDB)", then I could get "hello world" for the first run. Yes, I could reset the system by "rst" in XMD, but if I re-run the program, I could only get unrecognized code. And I do "rst" then re-run for several times, only get same unrecognized code.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

bowen_fu Which version of SDK are you using?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

I am using: Release Version: Release 14.6 Build SDK_P.68d

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Since this is a Kintex-7 evaluation board(I am assuming KC705), would that be possible to share the workspace?

--Hem

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

Thanks for your help, I figure out that if I Debug as > launch on hardware, and right click the relaunch to re-run, then it will be good.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi,

This is a reply to an extremely old thread. In my case, I have two applications: So I run the first, is successful.

Then I run the second one, this is also successful.

When I run the first again now, nothing shows up on SDK.

The problem in my case was that I was missing cleanup_platform()  at the end of the second program, which was probably why the first one didn't run after the second was executed.

After I added the line, both applications run fine one after the other.

Regards,

Dimple

0 Kudos