UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

cannot add memory region from xsct console

I have tried to add memory region using memmap command from xsct console, however I still cannot read from that region.

xsct% memmap -addr 0x43C60000 -size 0x1000 -flags 3
xsct% mrd 0x43C60000 10
Memory read error at 0x43C60000. PL AXI slave ports access is not allowed. This address has not beed added to the memory mapxsct%

What did I missed?

Note, that I can read using the -force switch of the mrd command. (I know that the traditional way is to use the loadhw command, but I still interested in memmap)

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: cannot add memory region from xsct console

Hi @betontalpfa 

I don't think you can use the memmap for controlling the "filter" implemented in the debugger that prevents you to access to areas that should not be accessed. To be honest the documentation does not seems to be really clear but I always use the memmap to add a simbol file to a processor not to define memory ranges on the PL side.

Regards

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos