UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant n5ac
Participant

data2mem ignoring .rodata/.data in ELF?

I have just constructed a bootloader for a Xilinx FPGA.  I am trying to get my main application converted to MCS using the flow described in XAPP482 (run data2mem and then xapp482.exe).  The issue I'm having is that data2mem seems to ignore .rodata and .data sections in the .elf file, leaving me with uninitialized memory after a boot.  

Is there a way to get data2mem to include these sections or is there another way to read the ELF file and get it combined with an MCS file for burning in the PROM that includes these sections?

Thanks,
Steve
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: data2mem ignoring .rodata/.data in ELF?

I am glad that Xilinx is so helpful. I have spent so much time trying to figure out bootloading stuff. Xilinx documentation is 6 years old, etc.

Anyway - I seem to be laoding the correct data into DDR and executing it, but it hangs soon after execution begins.

How do you know what sections are missing?

Did you ever find a resolution? What is it?

I am guessing my issue may be interrrupt vectors, but not sure.

0 Kudos