UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

iic example for microblaze

Jump to solution

Can anyone point me to an example (.c) for iic IP running with Microblaze in EDK?

Thanks,

DeWayne

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: iic example for microblaze

Jump to solution

DeWayne,

Xilinx provides some good code examples in your EDK installation.  Look under %XILINX_EDK%\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\iic_v1_13_b\examples.  I am working on an example based on xiic_repeated_start_example.c that accesses the TI TMP100 temp sensor from MicroBlaze (EDK 10.1.03).  I hope to have it posted next week here www.em.avnet.com/spartan3a-evl.

Bryan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

There is a reference design for OPB based IIC.

Refer <http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp979.pdf>

Regards 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

DeWayne,

Xilinx provides some good code examples in your EDK installation.  Look under %XILINX_EDK%\sw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\iic_v1_13_b\examples.  I am working on an example based on xiic_repeated_start_example.c that accesses the TI TMP100 temp sensor from MicroBlaze (EDK 10.1.03).  I hope to have it posted next week here www.em.avnet.com/spartan3a-evl.

Bryan

0 Kudos
Observer psouthard
Observer

Jump to solution

Bryan,

Thanks for pointing out the existence of the examples folder for the I2c drivers.  This will help out alot!

Cheers.

Phil

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

iic read problem!

Jump to solution

hi,

am using spartan 6 fpga to interface decoder through i2c,

for this am using xps_iic microblaze core, here when i send data onto sda line there am able to see only device id and ack sent by slave this is continously(address ack their is low to high pulse again address ack low to high pulse.....) repeating but actual data is not their on the sda line, plz give a solution to my problem?

0 Kudos