Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: integation of edk and ise

Hi,

Check this tutorial.

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/tutorials/EDK92_PPC_tutorial.pdf -- PowerPC

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/tutorials/EDK_92_MB_Tutorial.pdf -- Microblaze.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

hi, thank u but what i mean is actually i did simple project in edk (i.e,uart cade) and try to port map that code in ise .i got successful result.

but when i try to do the same procedure with the code that need launch debug option must be used. i didn't get the appropriate output .so please clarify me ....... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

If your application is in external memory, you need to use XMD to download the elf.

1,Once the bitstream is downloaded onto the FPGA, do Debug => XMD Debug Options.

2,Click OK to accept the settings.

3, Debug => Launch XMD. You should be able to see a window as shown in 32 of the tutorial. 

4, Navigate to folder using "cd" option in XMD console.

5, Use "dow executable.elf" and then "run" in XMD console.

If your hyperterminal settings are proper you should be able to run the application

Thanks

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos