UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie rhygar

problem enable ps7_i2c_0 driver on zynq-2020

Hi. 

When I go in to board support packet settings I cant get the ps7_i2c_0 to change drivers to iicps.

I get the following Error message: 

ERROR : (SwPlatform) Failed to call setDriver
Reason: ERROR: [Common 17-55] 'set_property' expects at least one object.
Resolution: If [get_<value>] was used to populate the object, check to make sure this command returns at least one valid object.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: problem enable ps7_i2c_0 driver on zynq-2020

check these simiar post
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/AXI-I2C-device-tree-node/td-p/501656
https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Still-more-questions-on-Linux-I2C-driver/td-p/494334
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Observer eazrael
Observer

Not helpful. 

I have the same problem.

This looks like a bug in SDK GUI. If you add the ps7_i2c_0 to an existing hardware design and try to enable the driver in an existing BSP, this error occurs. Leaving the field will set the driver version, but leaving the dialog with Ok won't change it and the driver will not be activated and will be shown as none when reentering the the dialog.  Creating a new BSP does not have this problem. 

Editing the system.mss source with the settings from another BSP works.

No idea if that has been fixed since 2016.4. 

0 Kudos
Visitor m.schappeit
Visitor

I had same problem here (Vivado 2016.4).

It seems to be not possible to activate a further later added (hls-) driver.

I solved the problem by manually editing the system.mss file in the bsp folder (while SDK is closed) and add an entry for the needed driver analogue to the existing entries. E.g. like this:

BEGIN DRIVER
 PARAMETER DRIVER_NAME = axi_test
 PARAMETER DRIVER_VER = 1.0
 PARAMETER HW_INSTANCE = axi_test_0
END

After launching SDK again, the driver is activated and regenerating BSB sources works again.

Ciao, Marc.

Voyager
Voyager

Hi folks,

I agree it must be a problem in Xilinx SDK, as it also happens using MicroBlaze platform. The BSP would not pick the AXI_IIC IP automatically. Regenerating the BSP works, as also does adding a hand-made modification to the .mss as @m.schappeit (thanks!) explains above.

Thanks,

-Pat

https://tuxengineering.com
0 Kudos