Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nischan
Visitor
Visitor

problem installing SDK

Jump to solution

Hi all,  I have been trying to install the Xilinx SDK but keep getting the error "one or more files failed to download.  Do you want to retry?"  (Retrying doesn't help).  I am behind a firewall here, but I'm not sure that's the problem because the installation setup asks for username and password and doesn't complain when I hit next, which leads me to believe that it can talk to the Xilinx site.

I am running on a Windows 10 machine and trying to download Xilinx_SDK_2016.2_0605_1_Win64.exe (we were told to use that version by the vendor whose product we are using).  I also tried with the current version of the SDK (Xilinx_SDK_2017.4_1216_1_Win64.exe).

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks,

Melissa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nischan
Visitor
Visitor

I think that the problem does have something to do with the firewall/proxy we use here.  When I attempt to install the software from a machine that is outside the firewall it works fine.  I downloaded an image on that machine and transferred it to the machine behind the firewall that I needed it on.  That worked fine as a work-around.

thanks,

Melissa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ibaie
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
Hi @nischan,

Likelly it seems to be an issue with the firewall, I mean it could be possible that the login request is done properly but as soon as you try to download the software the firewall blocks it...

You should check with your IT department.

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
nischan
Visitor
Visitor

I think that the problem does have something to do with the firewall/proxy we use here.  When I attempt to install the software from a machine that is outside the firewall it works fine.  I downloaded an image on that machine and transferred it to the machine behind the firewall that I needed it on.  That worked fine as a work-around.

thanks,

Melissa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos