Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

problem with sdk12.2 debug

hello,

I am facing a problem in using edk 12.2 tools. I am trying to instantiate an embedded processor (microblaze) in a top level ise design. I developed the processor hardware using xps, then instantiated processor in top level ise module (by creating schematic symbol), specified the ucf in ise, generated bit file and then exported to sdk. In sdk i created software application and then "program fpga" (with elf initialized in bram) which ended succesfully. After that i tried to debug the software application, but got the error message saying something like "Could not detect mdm module"....... Without closing sdk or doing any other step, i programed the fpga with "download.bit" using impact and then clicked the debug button in sdk and this time the debug session started successfully...... I tried this whole process number of times but same story....

I am using a custom board with xc3s1000 device.

plz guide me where i am making the error.

jawaid

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Voyager
Voyager

Re: problem with sdk12.2 debug

I am not really sure what the probelm could be. But there is an easier way to instantiate the module. Why dont you create a top level VHDL file of your Processor and instantiate it that way! Its way easier. The tool does the generation of the top level module automatically for you with the click of a mouse. I have had some bad experiences with Schematic Designs ( though its mostly my lack of experience with it ) . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: problem with sdk12.2 debug

Thank you for replying, but the problem is with programing fpga. The same file works when downloaded through impact while it creates problem with sdk program flash option. It seems as if there is some difference in programming fpga through impact and through sdk...

0 Kudos