UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the difference(add ip)

ok ,now I want to add a GPIO for my AD, it can control the AD work well.
now i know there have two ways to do this ,:
1>  open the edk , and in the ip catalog , choose the GPIO ,add it ,and rename it in system assembly view as "AD"   and then give it address and port easily ,  but i know by this way i can find it in my project directory --pcores    ,that is also mean i can not add the user_logic (.hdl)
2> hardware----create and import peripheral  , to add a ip , then in the pcores file ,i can find it ,and add some my logic . but there i can not see it in system assembly view.

i am a new ,:smileytongue:   I can not understand each tool well still , ,hehe it is a shame to ask this question , but really want to know ,  
thanks a  million 

Jennysun

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Observer svenand
Observer

Re: what is the difference(add ip)

The GPIO peripheral is fixed. You can not make changes to it. To add your own logic you
have to to create and import a new peripheral into EDK. You can read more in my blog:
www.fpgafromscratch.com

Sven
0 Kudos