UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer saberiandy
Observer

why can we configure ps_ddr's ports in the vivado ps7 block design?

Jump to solution

It's very strange when i create a ps7 block design in vivada.

What can we do with these ports in the wrapper file?

Should I set the pins for these ports in the xdc file?

inout [14:0]DDR_addr;
inout [2:0]DDR_ba;
inout DDR_cas_n;
inout DDR_ck_n;
inout DDR_ck_p;
inout DDR_cke;
inout DDR_cs_n;
inout [3:0]DDR_dm;
inout [31:0]DDR_dq;
inout [3:0]DDR_dqs_n;
inout [3:0]DDR_dqs_p;
inout DDR_odt;
inout DDR_ras_n;
inout DDR_reset_n;
inout DDR_we_n;

Thanks all

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: why can we configure ps_ddr's ports in the vivado ps7 block design?

Jump to solution

Hi,

When you click on the BD of the processing system and click on generate output products, this will generate a XDC file with the pin mappings of this DDR. I am attaching one xdc that i generated as an example.

--Hem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

When you click on the BD of the processing system and click on generate output products, this will generate a XDC file with the pin mappings of this DDR. I am attaching one xdc that i generated as an example.

--Hem

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Observer saberiandy
Observer

Jump to solution

thanks for your reply!

I find this xdc file in my project folder now....and customizing ip will change it but it's strange that I can't find the xdc in my vivado(simply don't know how to open it)...

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Glad to see that you are able to see the xdc. Can you use file --> open file --> point to xdc that is generated?

--Hem

0 Kudos