cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

write_hwdef produces invalid hdf file in tcl mode but valid hdf in project mode

I have my project ready for the "write_hwdef" command. When I run this command in tcl or batch mode:

write_hwdef -force -file <some_location_here>

And then try to open the generated .hdf file in SDK, I get the following errors:

13:59:59 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-2023] No IPI block design hardware handoff files present in the hardware definition file /prj/system.hdf

13:59:59 ERROR : (XSDB Server)ERROR: [Hsi 55-1451] Error: running open_hw_design.

14:00:00 ERROR : Failed to openhw "/prj/system.hdf"
Reason: ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'hsi::open_hw_design' failed due to earlier errors.

14:00:00 ERROR : Error occurred while creating hardware platform mcu_wrapper_hw_platform_0 from sysdef
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid Hardware Specification File provided: /prj/system.hdf
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwPlatform.<init>(HwPlatform.java:282)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwSpecFactory.createHwSpec(HwSpecFactory.java:53)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.internal.HwProjectCreator.createHwProjectFromZip(HwProjectCreator.java:117)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.internalCreate(HwProjectUtil.java:214)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.HwProjectUtil.makeNewHardwareProject(HwProjectUtil.java:165)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.core.HwPlatformProjectHandler.createHwPlatform(HwPlatformProjectHandler.java:51)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.core.HwPlatformProjectHandler.access$0(HwPlatformProjectHandler.java:47)
at com.xilinx.sdk.hw.core.HwPlatformProjectHandler$1.run(HwPlatformProjectHandler.java:34)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2345)
14:00:00 ERROR : Hardware project creation encountered errors.

But when I run the exact same command in the Vivado gui (in the TCL window), and then use the generated hdf, everything works fine. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks

PS. I'm using Vivado 2016.1.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: write_hwdef produces invalid hdf file in tcl mode but valid hdf in project mode

I use 2015.4 and generate my hdf files in a tcl script using write_hwdef and they work for me.  I don't use the SDK but use the generated hdf for my fsbl and devicetree.   Sorry, I don't have a fix but wanted to let you know that the command works in tcl mode. 

Have you tried just opening the design from hsi?

jeff

0 Kudos