UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

xst.exe not working

Hi all,

I am experiencing the problem on xst.exe stopped working. It is strange because my last run yesterday goes fine and i haven't changed anything since then. Can anyone provide any help? Thanks.

T

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: xst.exe not working

Hi,

Did you add any IP's to the design?

Which version of ISE are you using? In the crash message do you see any references to libSecurity_FNP.dll in details tab?

There is known issue with ISE 14.6 and 14.7, check this article http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59851.html

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I added an IP when designing. Basically I am migrating a system from spartan to zynq. I made the whole system as a netlist (.ngc) and included it as an IP. The whole system also contains some ngc and xco files from core generator and I have included all of them in the netlist file of my IP. 

I am using Planahead 14.7 but haven't seen any .dll mesage. Could you please provide more detail on how to solve this? Thank you.

T

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

As a follow up, there is a licensed ip in my design which is the video-scaler. the xst stops working problem starts to happen when I add the video_scale.ngc file in the netlist folder of planahead. I am using an evaluated license to generate this video scaler ip core from the ise corgen. Is there any restriction of transforming this ip from ise to planahead? Your help is most appreciated. Thank you very much.

T

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

There is a patch file attached to the article http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59851.html

Install the patch by following the instructions in readme.txt and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @psun.tom 

Did that work?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos