UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer saurabhnair
Observer

zc702 send data to lpc fmc from gpio through PL

What I'm trying to do is on receiving data through CAN, I want to send that data through GPIO EMIO to LPC FMC Connector.

I enabled the EMIO in XPS to a width of 32, and in ports tab made it external and connected the ps7_0_GPIO_O to the external ports as I'm basically outputting data to the LPC FMC connector.

Then I added the ucf file assigning the ps7_0_GPIO_O to the xc7z020 pins connected to the LPC FMC.

I am running the CAN transceiver program written in SDK and loaded the system.bit file too.

I've set the DIRM and OEN for bank 2 of GPIO as 0xFFFF_FFFF

Yet I receive no data on the FMC connector terminals. The transceiver works perfectly without adding the GPIO part, but when adding the GPIO part, its not working.

What could be the possible errors in my method?

Also, I think any error would probably be in enabliing EMIO in XPS and its subsequent routing using the PlanAhead. If any material describing data transfer through EMIO to PL is available, then it would be great.

Note: I had already done according to zynq 7000 ctt but it didn't help

The PlanAhead project I made is attached if it could be of any use

My C code in SDK is as in helloworld.c

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Observer saurabhnair
Observer

Re: zc702 send data to lpc fmc from gpio through PL

I think I should make it more concise.

CAN transmission working properly by polling method and also the program I made.

The received message is to be sent to the LPC FMC connector pins through PL.

My approach is sending the received message through GPIO bank 2 to LPC FMC connector pins.

Modifying the working program to send data to GPIO and programming the FPGA using the system.bit file generated in PlanAhead is not giving the desired result.

The board is not sending the data to LPC FMC connector pins.

I toggle an LED on receiving data, and it toggles. Yet no data on connector pins

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Observer saurabhnair
Observer

Re: zc702 send data to lpc fmc from gpio through PL

Or can anyone help me as to how to send data in PS to PL through EMIO. I have set EMIO width as 32 bit and made GPIO_O to external port.

I've assigned the GPIO_O pins to LPC FMC pins. But can't find where the EMIO data is going.

I thought the EMIO data would be directly routed to LPC FMC pins according to the connection, but seems that's not the case.

Any help as to how to get this communication from GPIO to FMC via EMIO would be great.

Thanks
Saurabh Nair
Tags (3)
0 Kudos