UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zynq SDK2017.4 and 2018.2 library code debug problem

Hello,

when I use SDK 2017.4, even just used the template program of helloword or hellofreertos, the start code, libxil or freertos lib code will display assembry code when I debug step in, while it run correct. and my application code could debug and display normal.(vivode use 2017.4 run on win7) 

So I use SDK2018.2, debug step in lib code, it could display lib source, but cursor maybe run out-of-order, just like lib code optimize, while result is correct.  

But SDK2015.2 hasn't above problem. How to resolve it? (Just like sometime debug kernel code, how to configuration)?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: zynq SDK2017.4 and 2018.2 library code debug problem

Make sure that in BSP settings in extra_compiler_flags you have "-g" to include the debug symbols and -O0 to remove the optimizations which can affect single stepping (that should overrun the default -O2 flag in 2018.2). 

--Kim

0 Kudos