cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinlh
Explorer
Explorer

2014.2 Image Build Processes Error

I have been attempting to follow the updated UG981 to learn the new process of 2014.2 in comparison with 2014.1 (petalinux and sdk).

Im currently having trouble building a bootable image, while i have done this hundreds of times with 2014.1.

The boot processes for 2014.1 was:

IN SDK:

- Important hardware platform from Vivado

- Build FSBL and FSBL_bsp from new hw_platform

- Build petalinux_bsp from new hw_platform(this requires the petalinux edk repo to be selected under the sdk repo options)

Terminal

- Create a new template petalinux project: "petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name petalinux_project"

- Merge hardware platform with project: Inside petalinux_project send the command "petalinux_config --get-hw-description=/path/to/petalinux/bsp"

- use petalinux-config, petalinux-config -c kernel, and petalinux-config -c rootfs to configure the build for my zc702 board environment

- Build project: "petalinux-build"

- Build BOOT.BIN: "petalinux-package --boot --fsbl /path/to/fsbl.elf --fpga /path/to/bit --uboot"

At this point i have a image.ub and boot.bin to throw on a sd card and boot from

What steps are different for the new 2014.2 method? There seems to no longer be a petalinux_bsp anymore but rather a device_tree_bsp? That device_tree_bsp appears to have the ability to designate an OS, yet petalinux isn't available. How do i merge my hardware platform to my petalinux project without the petalinux bsp?

I've found a command to merge hw_platform and petalinux project: Inside hw_platform_0 send the command "petalinux-config --get-hw-description -p /path/to/petalinux_project"
, that appeared to have merged it but when i do "petalinux-build" next it fails with the following error:

force@force-Precision-WorkStation-T3500:~/workspace/Test_zc702/2014.2/Test1/petalinux_project$ petalinux-build
INFO: Checking component...
INFO: Generating make files and build linux
INFO: Generating make files for the subcomponents of linux
INFO: Building linux
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/fwupgrade
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/peekpoke
[INFO ] pre-build linux/rootfs/uWeb
[INFO ] build system.dtb
[INFO ] build linux/kernel
[INFO ] update linux/u-boot source
[INFO ] generate linux/u-boot configuration files
[INFO ] build linux/u-boot
[INFO ] Setting up stage config
[INFO ] Setting up rootfs config
[INFO ] Updating for armv7a-vfp-neon
[INFO ] Updating package manager
[INFO ] Expanding stagefs
[ERROR] Errors were encountered while processing:
[ERROR] E: Sub-process /opt/petalinux-v2014.2-final/tools/packagemanager/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
[ERROR] make[2]: *** [.pkg_stagefs] Error 255
[ERROR] make[1]: *** [sub_build_component_/none/packages-repo/single/plnx-repo] Error 2
ERROR: Failed to build linux
force@force-Precision-WorkStation-T3500:~/workspace/Test_zc702/2014.2/Test1/petalinux_project$

So if anyone has a better set of direction then the documentation that isn't very clear, id appreciate it! thanks!

0 Kudos
33 Replies
dmitrysh
Visitor
Visitor

this works for me on Ubuntu 14.04. Thanks!

0 Kudos
danwwright
Contributor
Contributor

I am seeing this same issue but none of the fixes thus far in this thread have resolved my issue.  I'm using  Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit and I have petalinux-v2014.4-final installed in /opt.

Hey dmitrysh:

When you say "this works for me on Ubuntu 14.04"- which fix (there are many here) were you referring to?  If you were referring to the Makefile patch suggested by I find that this had already been corrected in petalinux-v2014.4-final and yet I still have the issue.

0 Kudos
yasetov
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Concerning the
[ERROR] make[2]: *** [.pkg_stagefs] Error 255

I had the same error on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS 64-bit and petalinux-v2014.4.

I had also noted the missing dependency of petalinux-v2014.4-final/tools/packagemanager/bin/dpkg :

"libselinux.so.1 => not found"

So, i installed the the missing file with :
sudo apt-get install libselinux1:i386

Now the petalinux-build is working.

Hope it helps

Regards
0 Kudos
gsanson
Participant
Participant

Getting that i386 libselinux did the trick.

sudo apt-get install libselinux1:i386

That should be added to the UG1144 PetaLinux Tools Documentation - Reference Guide

-Gary

0 Kudos