Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zhch777777
Participant
Participant

AR# 69248 do i right?

Jump to solution

hi:

i use zcu102 Rev1.1,vivado 2018.2,petalinux2018.2.

In UG1209 Design Example 2:

5. Modify Device-tree for Dual Lane display port configuration by following the instructions in Xilinx Answer 69248. The system-user.dtsi (with these changes) is available in Design Files for This Tutorial.

as AR# 69248 https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69248.html#    

1.  download the file "0001-Fix-for-gtr_sel0-polarity-correct-for-dual-lane-DP.patch"      and put it to   <PetaLinux-Project>/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/
  2. add "SRC_URI_append =file://0001-Fix-for-gtr_sel0-polarity-correct-for-dual-lane-DP.patch
               FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"" to <PetaLinux-Project>/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bbappend.   but modify "SRC_URI_append=" to "SRC_URI+="  because "SRC_URI_append=" can not build success

but the app tricube can not run.   Am I doing this right by AR# 69248?

The system-user.dtsi can not find in ug1209 2018.2 zip file.is it necessary?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sandeepg

Hi @zhch777777,

This patch is only for 2017.1/2 release only. You don't need the patch for 2017.3 or later release DP dual lane should work out of box without making any changes to device-tree when you set the DP lane to dual lower in vivado design.

Sorry about the web content I can check with web application team to fix this sometimes when they format indentation will change.

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
nwkyaw
Visitor
Visitor

I had a similar issue with patching. In my case, it was due to a missing space before the patch file name.

Please make sure that you have a space before the patch file name in the device-tree.bbappend file:

SRC_URI_append = " file://0001-Fix-for-gtr_sel0-polarity-correct-for-dual-lane-DP.patch"

notice the space before "file://".

zhch777777
Participant
Participant

@nwkyaw

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately it has the same error.

how did know apply  the DP gtr patch   successfully

thanks

0 Kudos
nwkyaw
Visitor
Visitor

I think the patch is for 2017.2 and 2017.1. You are patching it to 2018.2. It may not build correctly. I think you will want to inspect the patched code to see if it needs to be applied to 2018.2.

sandeepg

Hi @zhch777777,

This patch is only for 2017.1/2 release only. You don't need the patch for 2017.3 or later release DP dual lane should work out of box without making any changes to device-tree when you set the DP lane to dual lower in vivado design.

Sorry about the web content I can check with web application team to fix this sometimes when they format indentation will change.

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

zhch777777
Participant
Participant

thanks everybody for reply。

0 Kudos