UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Access RPU from Ubuntu on APU

I have manage to boot in Ubuntu that running on APU but I cannot access the RPU. I think that Ubuntu does not have the drivers because there is no directory for remoteproc and either I cannot detect the RPU0 and RPU1 in /dev/. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Access RPU from Ubuntu on APU

You can only run RTOS or Bare-metal on RPU.
RPU can be operated as slaves to the APU. In slave mode, OpenAMP is used on the APU to load and reset the R5s with a designated workload at runtime.
For more information about OpenAMP, refer to ug1186.
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_3/ug1186-zynq-openamp-gsg.pdf
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the answer, I followed the tutorial but when I try to run the example about "Petalinux Images Quick Try" at page 27, the command "echo image_echo_test > /sys/class/remoteproc/remoteproc0/firmware" returns me that the directory does not exist. Also if I run "ls sys/class/remoteproc/remoteproc0/firmware" again I am receiving again the same message. Do you have any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Are you using petalinux 2018.3? if not, refer to the same version of ug1186 as your tool’s version.
And do you replace the default system.dtb by the openamp.dtb mentioned in step2 at P.28?
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I couldn't find how to replace the system.dtb with openamp.dtb but I solve the problem starting from the begin and following the istructions on UG1144 and UG1186. Thank you for your time anyway

0 Kudos