cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Backup and Store downloaded sstate-caches in petalinux

Hi every one, 

I have already build a Petalinux 2018.3 project using sstate-caches and internet connection. Some of the files are located in the state-caches however, I added some user layers (for ad9371) to the project and these require an internet connection to fetch files from git. These files are big to download every time and ı have not internet access every time. So,

I want to backup these downloaded files to use other projects. I mean, I want to extend the existing state-caches with additional downloaded files. 

İs it enough to copy downloaded "xxx.tar.gz" and related "git2/xxx" folders files from <peta_proc>/build/downloads/ to <sstate-cache>/2018.3/downloads/

I can't found any documentation about that. 

Thanks for in advance,

Yasin Kağan 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Someone else asked a similar question the other day here that was answered, scroll down a bit in the post to see details about configuring a local mirror server. As mentioned in that post, this is in UG1144 under the "Local Mirror Servers" section.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/No-Internet-Connection-will-PetaLinux-still-work/td-p/1110715

Ken Sloat - Embedded Software Engineer
https://www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sloat,

I did not see anything about expending Xilinx's sstate-cache in your mentioned topic. It just gives information about how to use sstate-cache.. I have already ability to use them, and ı have said them in my post...

Probably I couldn't express my self properly,

I can already use sstate-caches which provided from Xilinx without any problem. However, my project requires additional mirrors, and these are not provided from Xilinx. 

I want to express my self clearly with an example. 

1- I create a project_A and compile with sstate-caches without the internet. 

2- I add some layers to project_A which requires some additional mirrors these not located in Xilinx sstate-cache. (Such as: "git2_github.com.analogdevicesinc.linıux.git.tar.gz") Then I build project_A with an internet connection. Petalinux download, compile  and store additional necessary files in ../project_A/build/download/git2_...
3- I want to use downloaded files located at "../project_A/build/download/git2_.."  in another project such as projcet_B which requires git2_github.com.analogdevicesinc.linıux.git.tar.gz file. And I don't want to download it again. 

I think I must add these files to sstate-cache/download/.. folder in order to access every project. But is it a proper way to do it.

Thank you for your efforts.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Topic still acitive

0 Kudos